Kangen Water in Te Puke
Why is Water and Hydration so Important?
You have probably heard that water makes up over 70% of the body, right? Water forms part of all bodily fluids and is vital to the proper function of the body's organ systems. With that in mind, it makes sense that the quality of the water you drink is extremely important, especially when you look at the climate that we have here in Mount Maunganui with temperate winters and long, hot summers.
Water is an essential tool in your chiropractic care because deterioration to disks in your spine can be caused by dehydration. Keeping your body properly hydrated is optimal for a keeping your spine healthy.
That is why Dr David always recommends a glass of water after every adjustment.
Consider these interesting facts about water:
- Two-thirds of New Zealanders do not drink the recommended 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Continual loss of water from the body can slow down the metabolic rate by as much as 3%.
- Over one-third of Kiwis have suppressed their thirst mechanism to the point where it is often misinterpreted as hunger.
- The number one reason for daytime sleepiness and low energy is water loss.
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost 1-3% of its total water amount, which can affect memory and the ability to concentrate.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin from the inside out, giving you a fresh looking complexion and a beautiful glow.
- Water naturally carries more substances than any other liquid found on Earth, including vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
At Mount Maunganui Chiropractic, we now offer ionized Kangen Water® with our chiropractic care plans.
Why Kangen Water®?
Kangen Water® is one of the best wellness investments Dr David’s family has ever made. ‘Kangen’ means ‘Return to Origin’ in Japanese and that is exactly what a Kangen Water® machine does. It sends tap water through an electrolysis process over 8 platinum-coated titanium plates which creates an electrical charge in the water. Essentially, the machine works to replicate the process of spring water travelling down a stream or river bed, taking tap water as close as possible back to its original state.
The electrolysis process creates ‘Electrolysed Reduced Water’ (the scientific name for Kangen Water® which has been the subject of hundreds of studies, easily available on PubMed or Google Scholar). ERW is known for the following properties:
- Charged Antioxidant Rich – high levels of antioxidants in the water reduce oxidative stress on the body, which leads to cell damage.
- Micro-clustering – the machine produces smaller molecules which aides in faster absorption into the body making it more hydrating.
- Alkalised – helps counter acidity in the body.
The K8 Machine (Enagic’s flagship model) is much more than a water ioniser. It also acts as a filter, removing many harmful chemicals (such as chlorine) from tap water. It also produces 5 different types of water that can benefit families in multiple ways:
Strong Kangen Water® – 11.5pH
Strong Kangen Water® is an emulsifier, so can be used to remove toxic oil-based chemicals off fruit and vegetables. It can also be used to remove stains.
Kangen Water® - 8.5-9.5pH
This is the recommended drinking water that comes from the machine, which offers all of the health benefits mentioned above. It can also be used for cooking.
Clean Water – 7pH
Neutral filtered water is recommended to take pharmaceutical medications and to mix with baby formula.
Beauty Water – 6pH
This slightly acidic water acts as a natural astringent or toner on the skin. It helps remove excess oil and re-balance the skin’s natural pH.
Strong Acidic Water – 2.5pH (Hypochlorous Acid)
Strong Acidic Water has been shown to kill many harmful viruses and bacteria and makes a great substitute for toxic cleaning products (which also saving money).
There are over 100 uses for the various types of Kangen Water® from health remedies, to cleaning, cooking and laundry.
It also impacts the environment in a positive way by reducing the use of plastic bottles and harmful chemicals.
If you would like to find out more about Kangen Water® or complete a 30 Day Trial of the drinking water, please talk to Dr David in the clinic, ask one of our staff at the front desk or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7:30am - 11:00am
7:30am - 11:00am